STAFF UPDATES // Sept 2020
At our Family (Member) Meeting in July, we shared about a staff reorganization that included layoffs. We wanted to clarify some questions that came out of that announcement and share a few more details.
While there were a variety of factors to take into consideration, the main driving factor we had to consider was the stewardship of resources. When COVID-19 hit, we were not able to gather in the building, serving people and families in the ways we normally had. This meant that we had several staff roles who had little to no work for the foreseeable future. Early on, we were not sure how long the COVID-19 crisis might last and had hoped it would only be a short amount of time.
But after committing to three months of preserving pay for all staff, including those with reduced roles, we realized that COVID-19 was a long term issue, and combined with all the broader economic uncertainty that this crisis brought, we felt we had to restructure based on our new reality. (for our current giving status, please click here).
This largely impacted those whose roles were responsible for weekend or in-person events and the majority were part-time roles. These are the affected role by department:
- Grace Students Administrative Coordinator
- Grace Kids Assistant Director & Systems Coordinator
- PT Grace Kids K-5th Grade Coordinator
- PT Grace Kids Operations Coordinator
- PT Grace Kids @ Woven Coordinator
- PT Grace Kids Prep Team Coordinator
- PT Evening Reception Associates (4)
- Facilities Manager
- PT Facilities Assistant
- PT Housekeeper
- PT Front Desk Representative
- Senior IT Network Administrator
- Grace Groups Operations Coordinator
Care & Counseling
- PT Director of Counseling Ministries
Weekend & Worship
- Worship Arts Administrative Assistant
- PT AV Technical Lead (3)
There were also seven additional roles whose hours were reduced in July, some of which have been reinstated.
You can also access the current organizational chart here.
In regards to Grace Kids programming, we anticipate not being able to meet safely in-person, in large group settings for the foreseeable future. As a result, we will not be hosting Grace Kids programming the way we used to due to the reality of COVID-19. We will be reassessing periodically as the situation progresses, and we will keep you informed of updates as we learn of them.
If you have more questions about the above, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can get you connected to get more clarity.
We also wanted to let you know of a few additional staff changes that took place over the past several weeks. Four of our pastors and leaders have decided to move on from their role at Grace, all for different and distinct reasons. These resignations were not related to, nor in response to the staff reorganization.
We are incredibly grateful for each person and what they brought to Grace and their ministries.
- Ben Alston – Worship Director // We are grateful for Ben and his 4 years of service at Grace. He has helped create a culture of worship at Grace and has been a wonderful leader over our Worship team. We know that our body has been blessed, not just by his unique talents and gifts, but also his heart for God. His last day was August 30. If you would like to get in touch with Ben, please let us know and we’d be happy to pass on his contact information.
Christine Allen – formerly the Assistant Worship Director – is stepping into the role as Worship Director. While you won’t see her on stage for a little while as she had a baby a month ago, she has already been active in leading our worship team and ministry.
- Ryan Richardson – Young Adults Pastor // We are incredibly grateful for the 10 years of ministry, teaching, and care Ryan has blessed the body with. He has had a direct impact on the high school and young adult ministry during his time on staff. His last day is September 18.
Thomas Anderson will step in to shepherd and care for our Young Adults in addition to his roles in Men’s Ministry and teaching.
- Dustin Youngstrom – Marriages Pastor // We thank Dustin and his 6 faithful years of serving at Grace in a variety of capacities, most recently as our Marriages Pastor and the director of Grace Institutes. His heart, passion and knowledge of the Word has been a gift for many in our body. His last day is September 18.
Chris Wolf, our Campus Director, will step in to lead our Marriage Ministry, including our re-engage and premarital programs.
- Christen Nutter – High School Director // While her time with us at Grace was short, Christen made a huge impact on our Students Ministry. We are grateful for her heart for our students and the way she cared for them during the COVID-19 pandemic. Her last day is September 25.
Nathanael Whisman and Dave Brewer will continue to care for our students. We are actively searching for our next High School director/pastor.
Questions? Email: email@example.com