DAVID WAS ANOINTED – 1 Samuel 16
- David had a heart full of love for God.
- God chose David to be the new king after Saul.
- God doesn’t care how we look as long as we have a heart that loves him.
- Jesus is our King.
Samuel thought that Jesse’s oldest son was the one God had chosen because he was tall and handsome. God told Samuel to not pay attention to what he looked like. We see only what’s on the outside, but God sees the heart. God chose David, Jesse’s youngest son, to be king.
God is King of all the earth. There is no king as great as God. God rules over the entire earth. Nothing happens unless God allows it. We have a good King who cares for His people.
Continue to memorize and practice Psalm 19:1 & 7
PRAY & THANK GOD TOGETHER
God, thank You for this Bible story, which shows us that You are a loving God. Thank you for loving us so much by giving us your Son, Jesus. Jesus is our King! Amen.
PLAY Oil & Water Jar Craft
Supplies: Plastic bottles or jars, water, liquid food coloring, vegetable oil, glue (seal the jar after you have finished the project)
- Fill half of the jar (or bottle) with water and add a few drops of the food coloring of your choice and mix together
- Add oil to the jar.
- Give them a good shake and see what happens.
Connect to the Bible story: Samuel poured oil on David’s head as a sign that he was chosen by God to be the next king of Israel.